The question: how often do you schedule an office cleaning? The answer: yes. In all seriousness, there are different types of office cleaning tasks that must be done regularly and they need to be scheduled at different cadences for consistency and effectiveness.
Let’s go over the different types of office cleaning services you should schedule.
Office Cleaning to Schedule Daily
The foundation of any office cleaning schedule is the daily cleaning. These are essential for every work day and include (but are not limited to):
- Trash: emptying bins prevents unpleasant odors and maintains a tidy appearance.
- Surfaces: from desks and countertops to other shared surfaces, wiping these with disinfectants prevents the spread of germs.
- Vacuuming: to remove dirt and debris, especially in high-traffic areas.
Office Cleaning to Schedule Weekly
To create a fresh atmosphere each week, a deeper level of cleaning is involved. Usually, these janitorial services focus on areas not addressed during daily cleaning and includes (but is not limited to):
- Bathrooms: to include cleaning and disinfecting sinks, toilets and mirrors.
- Floors: mopping will eliminate built-up grime and present a polished appearance.
- Windows: clean glass surfaces to allow for better natural light and cleanliness.
Office Cleaning to Schedule Monthly
Bi-weekly cleaning is even more comprehensive and may depend on your office’s size and usage. But, in general, monthly cleaning includes (but is not limited to):
- Dusting: especially important for removing allergens, this includes shelves, cabinets and electronics.
- Carpets: upholstery and carpets need occasional deep cleaning to remove stains, dirt and additional allergens.
- Equipment: wipe down computers, monitors, keyboards and other electronic devices that build up germs and dust easily.
Office Cleaning to Schedule Quarterly/Seasonally
Even the most neglected areas need to be cleaned sometimes, which is where quarterly or seasonal cleaning comes into play. This more intensive cleaning includes (but is not limited to):
- Ventilation: maintaining HVAC systems are crucial for employee wellbeing and to improve overall air quality.
- Upholstery: Steam cleaning and sanitizing upholstery keeps it fresh and inviting.
- Carpets: similar to flooring cleaning mentioned above, but at a deeper level to address hidden dirt and stains.
In addition to the above services, Fernic Building Solutions is proud to provide customized cleaning services based on the schedule you set. To get started with a consultation for our Dallas-Fort Worth commercial cleaning services, contact us today.